Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mid-week post

Wasnt able to get on this weekend, but now that I have a moment.  I struggled a lot this week.  Mainly with food.  but before I get into the put me downs, i'm going to start with first thing I did on Saturday morning was run my 5K.  it was a bit unorganized, but still fun, and i'm super proud that I finished.  My ending time according to the "official" results was 37:09.7.  Not nearly as great as I wanted to do.. but I finished in the  top 1/2 at least, so that was a decent goal for myself.

Now the food.  I rewarded myself with Pizza Friday.. overdid it a bit, but fine, not too worried about it.  Ran my 5K on Saturday, ate way too much after (I was starving! LOL), but still at least I ran a 5K so I didnt feel so guilty.  Then Sunday, my family and I went to Knotts..super fun we walked on every ride, but this is where I really screwed up.  I ate so much this day.  I still havnt mastered "eating healthy" going out, and I just threw it out the window on Sunday.  I had a big burger and fries from Johnny Rockets for lunch, and fried chicken for dinner.. yikes.  I felt it too, I felt bloated and gross, and as good as the food tastes going down, I was seriously seriously regretting it.  so I've been to the gym every day so far this week and will continue the rest of the week.  i'm only able to burn 2-300 calories in my 30 minute lunch break, and i've been trying to work out at home at night as well, but its nothing to where I was before holiday.  A part of me feels like I really need to step it up in the fitness department, yet I find myself constantly making excuses of why I can't or wont.  Most of it is i'm tired. And although I do have more energy when I work out, by the end of the day after I put the kids to bed i'm pooped, and it takes EVERYTHING in me to do any additional work outs.

I'm hoping my horrible weekend doesnt mess up the scale for my weigh in on Friday.  I'm okay if I stay the same, as long as I dont gain, so here's to wishing me luck and watching my weekend closely.

until Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment